Thursday, August 13, 2009

Road Trip!!

We're in Odessa, Texas right now, and it's 1:15 in the morning.
"...Like the dress that girl in Odessa wore..."
(that's Last 5 Years)
We've had such a fun trip thus far.
Oh, and Natalie, my dearest cousin, Autumn, my wonderful sister, and I, the Barclay-bound, are all on our way, via our 'muted plum' 2007 Ford Focus, to Haviland, Kansas, to drop me off at school.
We started out ont he 15, then onto the 40, and stayed on that through the rest of the most lovely state, California, into Arizona, through New Mexico, and now just tonight as the sun was setting, did we enter the great state of Texas.
SUCH sadness that erupts from my being when I think about next Monday night, when they will be heading off into the sunset...without me. No! It is simply too much to bear.

Tomorrow we're headed to Dallas, which is about 5 hours away. We're spending most the day with Ryan Swindoll, going to dinner with him, then onto Pat Kelly's for the night. Emily Evans will join us for breakfast.
This is the most exciting, anticipated, day of the trip.
I'll tell you why AFTER the fact! ;-)

I just checked my facebook (yay for free wireless at our hotel), and saw some really fun pictures of Carm's, who was my roomie for week one and two, and went onto X'ian for the next two weeks of camp. Such fun of the moped ride, Becca's barndance, swing dancing, and fun ones of she and her buddies. They are so precious! So many memories.
I was laughing one minute, then almost in tears the next, just remembering all the experiences that were had.

Now, it's time for beddy-bed-bed.
A twin, and a Queen, and three girls. Who gets it?! ;)

Oh, and another fun quirk of our trip:

Major premise:
Natalie, the tallest, must have the seat far back to drive. Thus, I, a tad shorter than Autumn, must sit in the backseat, directly behind her, for I have the shortest legs, and am the least prone to clostrophobia. (In fact, it is nonexistent for me.)
Minor Premise:
Adria, the shortest, must have the seat quite close in order to reach the pedals and see over the steering wheel. That said, Natalie can sit behind Adria and have ample amounts of leg room!
Conclusion:
Therefore, because Natalie is tall, and Adria is short, our height-differences work out quite well.

Au revoir!

1 comment:

  1. This is so so late from when you wrote it, but I was thinking of roadtrips and we take the same route!!!
    Hm...someday we shall have to use that to our advantage? When do you head home dear friend? Perhaps I can follow you when you do head back.
    But 'til then, I'll sate myself with thoughts of Spring!!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete