Thursday, March 25, 2010

"Those Three Words"

Recently, I signed up for e-mails from Focus on the Family and Family Research Council. I have enjoyed reading the information they send out. Much of it is political, which keeps me aware of what is happening in this crazy country, and some is parenting, church-related content, high-school-and-younger centered, and in that, lots on relationships. Today's Boundless Webzine (for students of all ages) article was "The girl (or guy, depending) I'm going to marry will have to be..." as a spin off of Annie Get Your Gun. I had never posted anything on their blog before, but thought this was interesting. So, I did. I've never wholly liked the idea of a 'husband list', but last summer, I came up with these three concepts, or characteristics that are crucial. As you can see, they really encompass a grand array of possibilities and personalities.

Here's mine from the Boundless. Enjoy!

1. Integrity
-In all areas of life.
Family of origin, family of choice, friends, church, career, options for opportunity.
Ultimately, a passionate disciple of Jesus Christ: this requires humility, graciousness, good standing with acquaintances, justice, wisdom, joy, honesty, patience, devotion, and namely, a deep, deep love for his Savior.

2. Intelligence
-A man who can think.
One who has a thirst for knowledge, and searches it out in any number of ways. The ability to stand on his own and have good discussions. Loves books. Desires a great education (homeschool!) for our children.
Will make for himself a good job that supports a family.

3. Attractiveness
-This implies all the trivialities:
Handsome to me, enjoyed by others, adventurous, musical, passionate, stubborn enough to combat my own lot of stubbornness, yet soft hearted enough to understand my own soft heart, creative, flexible, artistic, jovial, outdoorsy, tender, lover of children...and the list goes o
n.



No comments:

Post a Comment