Monday, May 24, 2010

The Last Plane Out

"I've got a one way, a one-way ticket this time." (Aaron Espe)

Well, after two years in Kansas, I can honestly sing,

"I'm leaving, on a jet-plane, don't know when I'll be back again..."

because I really don't know when I'll be back. Maybe next Spring, to visit, if I can swing it, and am not totally broke by then? It's an odd feeling, not being able to say "have a nice summer, see you in August" but instead, to most, "have a nice...life!" That sounds idiotically depressing.

I'm done here. Yeah, unless someday God leads me back here, to this flat, wonderful, GREEN, beautiful, special, windy, state. It's a wierd feeling, but a nice one, too. I'm ready to move on, for some change, a different way, let alone pace, of life...all those things of moving on.

The goodbyes were the hardest part. I didn't even realize how hard they would be.
I am going to miss a lot of people. A lot.

Yet...tt's time. So, when I hop on that plane bound for LAX tomorrow afternoon, I'll be saying goodbye to Kansas for a good, long, time.

So, farewell, Kansas--you've treated me well.

No comments:

Post a Comment