Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Big White Envelope Has Arrived

The contents of that big, white envelope were the highlight:
The packet came in the mail from from California State University, Chico - I am ACCEPTED into Chico State for this Fall!

After a full year of trying, I am in. At this stage of our economy, it is really a gamble of who gets in when you're a transfer student; I am upper-division transfer student (meaning I have over 75 units completed). I received my Associates from Barclay College last May, but Kansas requirements for AA is different than California's: so, rather than attending CSU Chico last Fall, I had to finish 3 courses this year at Butte Community College. I am enrolled in my last required course (Statistics) and thus am eligible for acceptance to Chico State - praise God, they chose me! I am so excited. I'll be studying Child Development, with the intent of working with children with special needs. I am minoring in journalism - I love to write, and dream of being a freelance editor.

That envelope answered a load of unanswered questions and a year of prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment