Thursday, June 25, 2009

China

China is just around the corner!
I can't believe how close I am to going on this venture. I just flipped through the camp magazine again, and read a couple stories from the Love Delivery book, which is full of orphans' stories. I had one more of the many "exuberance" moments in excitement of the trip. Every time I think about leaving--actually getting on that plane and heading to a foreign land, where the children await their week at camp, excites me to the point that I can hardly handle it. I seriously do not think that there is a more perfect thing for me to do...there is almost nothing I love doing more than being with children in need--loving on them, giving them hugs and kisses galore, playing with them--giving them the chance to express themselves in the most delightful way.
Oh! What joy! My excitement is uncontainable.
I'll be at camp with Bring Me Hope from July 10-25.
That's 15 days, friends. 15 days!! 2 weeks and a day. It's already been a week since the fling, which really seems like yesterday's event, and that's half the time I have in between now and that plane flight, when I'll be 'leavin' on a jetplane...'
...at 1 on Saturday morning! Whew.
Mrs. Nauretz just filled out my reference form for China--I finally printed it out and actually had somebody do it.
I was so very blessed by what she said on it.
Yeah, that'd I be an ASSETT to this missions trip. And I am "...filled with a heart of compassion toward all walks of people. She is a giver of her time and talents." I can almost hear her saying "You're a super servant--let's give God a clap offering for this opportunity!" ;-)
Now, I'm going to write an encouragement letter to David--David Bolt, the camp director. Gosh, I'm amazed at what a person can do when God equips them to do it.
Hey, there won't be a single adult on staff at our camp location!
Hmm, we'll see what that'll look like. ;]
Oh, and by the way, I'll be in Zheng Zhou. I fly into Beijing, and then catch a connecting flight to the CGO airport...where a camp staffer will pick me up. Please pray that I will have no complications flying in. If I have the least incling of a temperature, they will quarantine me for the first week of my trip! That would be dreadful. Ugh, yuck. NO thank you! Thank you for your prayers, friends.
also, I finally finished all of my thank-you notes last night. Yikes, I LOVE thanking people, making sure they know that I got their check, and appreciate it with all of my heart, but boy oh boy, actually sitting down with a stack of checks to write thank you notes from was yucky. But once I started to actually write the notes, I was most blessed. Such it is with most of life. :(
Thank you, so incredibly much, for all who supported me on this venture.
I am humbled and blessed in abundance by your prayer and fiscal support.
I will, most assuredly, be posting quite a couple posts after I go to China, and hopefully before, about my thoughts, particular excitements, coming fears, etc.
Until later, then!
Hope and Joy

2 comments:

  1. Currently,
    You are in China – I am in your room.

    You are practicing the art of patience and love (in China) – I am trying my hardest to stay away from all art (in the form of textbooks.)

    You are serving the Lord in your dedication to a girl who believes she is unlovable – I am proud of you.

    Much love,
    Natalie (Nap)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it. (thank you).

    Much love,
    Adria (Dree)

    ReplyDelete